The average annual software engineer salary is based on a variety of factors, but most importantly location and experience level. According to statistics provided by U.S. News, the average annual salary for a software developer is $101K. The lowest salary paid 25% earned $77K, with the highest-paid 25% earning $128K.
A high salary will always come with experienced and skillsets. The more experienced you are, then you’ll more likely to secure senior roles that pay on the higher end of the salary range. If you’re a newbie developer, your salary may be on the lower end of the range. However, receiving relevant certifications through training can help accelerate your career and potentially climb up the corporate ladder quickly.
Moreover, the median software engineer salary will also vary based on the location. We studied developers’ rates and salaries in UK, Philippines, US, Netherlands, Norway, Australia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and other countries worldwide to know which location is the best-paying country for software developers.
What is the Average Software Developer Salary by Country 2021
According to salaryexpert, the United States is the world’s top paying country, with an average gross salary of $110k for software engineers.
- The median salary of a software engineer in the US is $113k.
- Software engineer salary in Australia reaches $121k for senior level.
- The average software developer salary in Switzerland is approximately $136k (senior-level).
- Entry-level software engineer salary in Denmark is averaging around $65k.
- The average base software developer salary in Germany is $91,000.
- The senior-level software programmer salary in the Netherlands lies at $99k.
- Software developers in France for junior level is $51,361, while senior developer reaches $91K
- Software engineer salary in the UK is around $55k for entry-level position while senior-level position reaches at $97,830,
- The average software developer salary in the Philippines for entry-level and senior-level is $8,370 and $14,877 respectively.
- Software developer salary in India is approximately $16k for senior-level, while the average base salary is $12,934.
|Country||Entry Level Software Engineer||Senior Level Software Engineer||Base Salary (Ave.)|
Contact us to discuss possibilities for software development services from IT talent from the Philippines.